Sherriff's beekeeping Apiarist suit, ‘the Original’, is without compare and first designed by B J Sherriff whilst running 400 bee hives in 1968.
This White protective bee suit is the item of beekeepers safety wear that has been the most tried and tested.
The Apiarist offers extremely good overall protection
- made of a fine weave smooth finish quality polyester cotton which is both highly protective and robust – the smooth finish enables bees to rest on fabric and fly away again without getting their feet caught in fabric fibres.
- Whether you are a novice beekeeper or a professional the Apiarist offers a very high level of security.
- Sherriff safety wear comes in a variety of sizes which are designed to be roomy to fit over regular clothing – to ascertain the correct size please use our conversion chart with videos on how to measure for your perfect fit.
- The ClearView veiling is unique to Sherriff’s has been designed for perfection in viewing so you can see your bees better - it is airy and non claustrophobic.
- Cuff are elasticated and ankles also have zips so that leg section can be pulled on without having to remove footwear
- Many useful pockets for pens, hive tools, Epipen, matches etc. and within the thigh pocket is a key clip for house and car keys
It comes with a recommendation endorsed by thousands of beekeepers, professionals and hobbyists alike and is the only garment on the market today which has Sherriff’s unique ClearView face net which gives near perfect viewing and makes all the difference when looking at your bees. Unlike copies of Sherriff's hood design the Apiarist doesn’t use square screen mesh but well-researched purpose made veiling specifically for beekeepers to see through.
Known as the long life suit due to the exceptional overall quality fabric and sturdy construction with the clearest veil on the market today - it offers you excellent vision and more enjoyable beekeeping. The perfect choice for your apiary needs.
The Apiarist comprises a roomy boiler suit/coverall with drop sleeves and robust central vertical zip. Hood is completely detatchable by means of Sherriff’s Twin-zip system, or removed completely for easy laundering. The hood can be thrown back when not in use to rest lightly on shoulders.
Features: the easy pull zippers at collar, front and ankles are tough. Extra strength stitching, elasticated back waist and ankles, thumb loop to retain cuff in position, velcro flapped breast pockets (pen pocket), roomy hip/thigh pockets, hive tool pocket and EPIPEN pouch, key ring clip in lower pocket to keep house and car keys safe.
Fabric: luxury hard wearing polycotton that won’t shrink or fade.
Veil: Sherriff’s own sturdy ClearView black nylon mesh for exceptional vision and protection.
NB Sherriff’s recommend that regular clothing be worn under this product which is classifed as workwear.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
A nice lightweight and tough bee suit. However the synthetic fibre in the seams has caused me intense prickling surprises around the neck area that felt almost as intense as a bee sting.